FTP: Connect via sFTP
In this article, we will show you how to connect to your account using sFTP.
This tutorial assumes you already have FileZilla running on your computer, but not connected to a remote server.
Pro Tip: To utilize the “Quickconnect” feature of FileZilla for SFTP connections, simply enter sftp:// prior to the Host: address to connect to our server via SFTP.
Now let’s learn how to configure a website in FileZilla.
Now let’s configure a new site inside this new folder.
8) Select SFTP from under Protocol.
9) Select Ask for password from under Logon Type.
Please note: For security reasons FileZilla will not allow you to save the password within the Site Manager while this method is selected.
10) Enter the Username here. Then click Connect.
11) Enter the Password here. Then click OK.
12) Place a check mark in the box and click OK.
That’s it! We are now connected the remote server and the login details are saved for quicker connections in the future.
Now let’s disconnect from the server.
This is the end of the tutorial. You should now know how to configure a website in FileZilla, for the purposes of establishing an FTP connection.
In this article we will show you how to connect to your account over sFTP using WinSCP. Once you are connected, the functions are almost identical to the FTP version, so we will not cover basic use. If you need more information about how to use WinSCP, please click here.
1) Open WinSCP
2) Click the New button, located on the right side.
8) You can now either save these settings for quick access later (Save… button), or you can login without saving (Login button).
That’s it! You are now logged in using sFTP. If you need more information on how to use WinSCP, please click here.