DNS: Locate the Server Hostname
In this article, we will show you how to locate the server’s hostname from within SiteAdmin or cPanel.
Note: In some instances customers using SiteAdmin may need to append .accountservergroup.com to the hostname if not otherwise specified. Customers utilizing our cPanel interface may need to append .webserversystems.com to the hostname.
- How to determine your servers hostname in SiteAdmin
- How to determine your servers hostname in cPanel
How to determine your servers hostname in SiteAdmin
For this article, we will assume that you are already logged into SiteAdmin.
1) Click the Server Status link from the left menu.
2) Locate the server hostname found in the Server section of the status page.
That’s it! You now know how to locate the server’s hostname!
How to determine the server hostname in cPanel
This guide assumes that you are presently logged into your cPanel.
1) Once logged into your cPanel select expand stats from along the left hand side of your cPanel screen.
Note: If it says collapse stats, proceed straight to step 2
2) You will be able to locate the first portion of the hostname from beside Server Name
Note: You will need to append .webserversystems.com to the name within the Server Name field in order to utilize the hostname in any capacity.
Thats it, you know how the hostname for your cPanel server.