How To Reset Passwords For Popular Scripts
Below we have listed ways to reset passwords for some of the most common web scripts.
For information on how to create a secure password, please click here.
You will need to use PHPMyAdmin to fix this problem. PHPmyAdmin can be accessed through SiteAdmin or Cpanel depending on the hosting package.
1) Connect to your PHPmotion Database using PHPmyAdmin
2) Select the member_profile table and find the admin user
3) Click the edit icon
4) Use the PHPMotion tool to create a new password MD5 Password Tool – The password must be MD5 so you must use this tool first
5) Update the database record to show this new password
These URLs will help reset Joomla passwords depending on the version you have installed:
Joomla 1.0 Series – http://docs.joomla.org/How_you_reset_an_administrator_password%3F
Joomla 2.5 and Later – http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_recover_your_admin_password%3F
Other Methods – http://docs.joomla.org/Resetting_a_user_password
FTP / FileManager
1) Login to your account using your preferred FTP client or the built in File Manager.
2) Browse to the location your WordPress site is installed, than move into the theme folder for the theme your are using.
3) Edit the “functions.php” file
4) Add the following to the beginning of the file (after the <?php)
Change the password in quotes to the password you wish to reset it too. Please be aware that the ‘1’ is the id of the user you wish to change. In most situations, the administrator user is set to 1.
5) Save/Upload the changes
6) Try to login to your WordPress site.
If you are able to login, follow the same steps and remove the changes made.
For more ways to change your WordPress password, please click here. Please note that you CANNOT use any method at that link that requires root access.