How to setup a e-mail account in Microsoft Windows Desktop 8
Please note the guide below is for configuring the default Mail application for Windows 8 Desktop/Tablets. If you are using a Microsoft Windows phone, please scroll to the bottom of this article and select the article on how to configure your phone to connect to our email server.
OK, so we are using Windows 8 on our Surface tablet or desktop and we would like to connect your IMAP account to it. Lets use the guide below to make it happen!
1) Click or tap the Mail icon
2) If this is your first time using the Mail software, you will be asked to sign into your Microsoft account.
4) Select Accounts.
5) Select Add Account.
6) Choose Other Account from the list.
5) Enter your email address, password and click Show more details.
6) Enter the following details…
- Email Address = Your full email address
- Username = Your full email address
- Password = Your email account password
- Incoming Email Server = mail.yourdomain.com (where yourdomain.com is your website address minus the www)
- Outgoing Email Server = mail.yourdomain.com (where yourdomain.com is your website address minus the www)
- Incoming server requires SSL = Unchecked unless otherwise needed
- Outgoing server requires SSL = Unchecked unless otherwise needed
- Outgoing server requires authentication = Checked
- Use the same username and password to send and receive email = Checked
Note: To connect via SSL – Enter the hostname for the server in which you are hosted on into the hostname field under Incoming/Outgoing Mail Server field.You can retrieve this server information from your welcome letter or our support team.
7) Lets click Connect.
That’s it, you’re done, you’re all set, you’re good to go. Happy emailing!