Backstage: Migration from another host to Site5
For this article, we will assume that you are already logged into Backstage.
Now let’s see how to request a migration from another host.
You can access this page directly by clicking here.
- We will migrate up to 25 cPanel accounts or up to 10 non-cPanel web hosting accounts, free of charge.
- Email data will not be transferred for non-cPanel migrations, but we will re-create up to 20 e-mail accounts for you.
- Please be aware that our Migration Team works 24 hours a day Monday through Friday. If you submit your request outside of those hours, please be aware that you will not receive a reply until the next Migration Team work day.
1) Click the Add-ons tab from the top menu.
2) From here, click the Migration Request link.
3) From here, select Another Host to Site5 as the Migration Type.
4) Enter the old host’s name.
5) Enter the domain name(s) of the account you wish to migrate .
6) Enter the Control Panel URL (this should be provided by the old host) .
7) Enter the username and password for for the control panel login (this should be provided by the old host).
8) Enter the FTP details for the old host.
9) Please indicate if the account you are moving from is a reseller account.
10) Please indicate if the account you are moving from uses rails.
11) If you have a SSL, Dedicated IP, or any custom MX records, please indicate by checking the corresponding boxes.
12) If you have any web applications installed, please list them in the Apps section.
13) If you have any notes or special instructions, you can enter them in the Notes box. Note: if you have multiple services, please indicate which service you wish to be used.
14) Input the answers to your security questions.
15) Click the Submit Request button.
That’s it! A ticket will be opened on your behalf. Once the request is complete, the ticket will be updated.
For more articles about Backstage, please click here.